In case you missed it from the 25th anniversary Announcement video:
+3 Each opponent loses 3 life unless that player sacrifices a nonland permanent or discards a card
-3 Destroy target creature. Draw a card.
-11 Nicol Bolas, the Deceiver deals 7 damage to each opponent. You draw 7 cards.
Looks like a planeswalker deck shown at the end of the 25th anniversary video.
Couldn’t see the starting loyalty, let me know if any one else finds its
Happy Announcement Day!
We have a big year planned to celebrate Magic‘s 25th anniversary. From new in-store play programs to new digital offerings to a slate of celebratory products, we’re not letting this anniversary go unmarked.
You can watch the full announcement below, but this article is meant to show off the products coming to you during our 25th anniversary celebration. As these sets don’t release until later in the year—or even next year!—expect some of the information (primarily images, logos, and the like) to be filled in in the coming months.
Now the exciting part—what’s coming up as part of our celebration of 25 years of Magic: The Gathering! Watch the video below for more information!
- Brave the Unknown as you venture to the new world of Ixalan, where all we know so far is that Pirate Vraska battles Dinosaurs. But do you need anything more? Find out when Ixalan releases September 29.
- Stake Your Claim on January 19, 2018, as the second set in Ixalan block releases with Rivals of Ixalan.
- Explorers of Ixalan is an out-of-the-box multiplayer Magic experience that challenges you to defeat your opponents along the way as you search for the lost city. Begin your exploration on November 24, 2017.
- The Art of Magic: The Gathering—Ixalan will be available January 2, 2018. Set sail for the uncharted jungles of Ixalan, where dangerous beasts, magnificent ruins, and lost treasures lie waiting to be discovered. Saddle up your Dinosaur mount and brave the unknown as you search the plane for a prize forgotten by history . . . until now!
- Duel Decks: Merfolk vs. Goblins, which releases November 10, 2017, pits two of the most recognizable tribes in the history of Magic against one another with two ready-to-play 60-card decks. Will you side with the reckless and wily Goblins or the graceful and cunning Merfolk?
- From the Vault: Transform takes the From the Vault series and, well, flips it. From the Vault: Transform, which releases November 24, 2017, collects fifteen of our favorite transforming cards, each with its own story to tell.
- On April 28, 2018, we look to the past to move forward as we return to Dominaria with our next large set!
- As part of our celebration of our 25th anniversary, we will be releasing a 25th anniversary–edition Masters set on March 16, 2018. The product will contain 249 cards from across Magic‘s entire history and will provide a drafting experience like previous Masters products. Available in English, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.
- On July 20, 2018, we once again will be introducing core sets back into Magic. We’ve got some tweaks to the formula prepared, so look for more information as we get closer.
- We’re (finally) traveling back to the wacky world of silver-bordered cards when Unstable releases December 8, 2017.
We’ll be officially kicking off our 25th anniversary celebration at HASCON in Providence, Rhode Island, September 8–10, 2017. That event will be filled with games, previews of upcoming products, and fun events everyone can enjoy—including an early Prerelease for Iconic Masters that will be the world’s first look at that set. For more information on HASCON, visit hascon.hasbro.com.
This is definitely a lot of awesome news in addition to what news we got earlier this week:
June 13th Banned and Restricted Announcement